Graduated from Yerevan State Polytechnic Institute (1937). Dr. of architecture, prof. (1965), acad. (1996)
President of Society for Conservation of Historical Monuments (since 1977)
Membership of other Organizations
Honorary member of International Academy of Architecture (London, 2001) and Writers’ Union of Armenia (2002), honorary professor of Institute of Architecture of Georgia (1995) and honoured professor of Yerevan State University of Architecture and Construction (2002)
T. Toramanian Prize winner of the NAS RA (1978), awarded with orders of "Red Banner of Labour", "Badge of Honour" (2 times), St. Etchmiadzin Mother See order "St. Grigor the Illuminator", with medal of RA Anania Shirakatsy and with gold madal of A. Tamanian
Lecturer of Yerevan State Polytechnic Institute (1938-1941), assistant professor (1941-1965), professor (since 1965), head of the faculty of architecture (1945-1990), dean of construction faculty (1938-1939), head of studies (1942-1945). Head of Monuments Conservation Committee of Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic (1945-1951), head of Architects’ Union of Armenia (1962-1974), head of art history and theory department of Academy of Sciences of Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic (1951-1953). Honoured worker of art of Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic (1961).