Moscow Electrotechnical Institute of Communication (1951). Doctor of sciences (1975), prof. (1978), corr. member (1986) and acad. (1996) of NAS RA.
Founder and director (1991-2005) of Engineering Center of NAS RA .
Order and medals of World War II, NKR Order of Mkhitar Gosh (for longstanding struggle for independence of Artsakh).
Head of sub-faculties founded by him in YSU and YPI (1959-1969, 1976-1983), Head of quantum electronics department in Inst. for Phys.Res. (1963-1991), Chairman of Committee on education, science, language and culture of Supreme Soviet of RA (1990-1995).